- Help in recognizing hazards in the workplace.
- Suggested approaches or options for solving a safety or health problem.
- Sources of help available to a company needing further assistance.
- Written reports that summarize the findings of on-site reviews of safety and health.
- Assistance in developing or maintaining an effective safety and health management system.
An effective workplace safety and health management system will help to:
- Recognize and remove hazards from the worksite.
- Protect an employer’s workers from injury and illness.
- Prevent loss of life at an employer’s worksite.
- Cultivate informed and alert employees who take responsibility for their own and their coworkers’ safety and for worksite safety as a whole.
- Improve employee morale.